A little black dress is a go-to for many women. Apart from its flattering effect, a little black dress can go well with almost everything. If only you could wear it everyday and still look fresh and fab. But, why not? Here are five ways to upgrade your little black dress so you will not have to buy a new one.
- Layer it with a button-down underneath.If you are looking for a cool way to stylize your little black dress, then try layering it down with a button-up, preferably a white one, for a preppy look. This outfit is the best way to go modest, yet fun and stylish at work on a weekday or to a lunch date on weekends. Wondering how to wear your sexy slip dress at daytime? This is the perfect way to go.
- Wear it with an oversized sweater.How about an oversized sweater over your little black dress? Yes, this actually works. And trust me, it looks chic. This is especially so if you wear a dress with an interesting cut or stylingat the bottom such as a lace or a high slit. The oversized sweater brings you a new silhouette, while making it sure that youfeel cozy day and night.
- Mix prints or textures.An all-black or monochromatic outfit definitely looks great. But if you want to make the entire outfit look more interesting and festive, then experiment with colors, prints, or textures. For starters or in case you just want to keep it still simple, a printed or brightly colored blazer, bomber jacket, or even trench coat are your best options. When you want to go casual, wrap flannel or plaid around thewaist and put it on when you feel a little cold. A pop of bright color or print in your bag or clutch is also a good option.
- Pair it with a pair of sneakers.For an off-duty supermodel look, pairing your LBD with a good pair of sneakers is a pretty cool thing. It offers a good contrast especially if you are wearing it with a supposedly cocktail dress. It is unexpected, chill, and fashionable. And come on, your feet need some rest, too!
- Or go for a pair of statement sandals.When it comes to fashion, there are a lot of things you can do. Even when wearing your gorgeous little black dress, you can still make you shoes as the focal point by opting for statement shoes or sandals. On weekends or during summer, a pair of gladiator sandal will be your best friend. There is a wide range of designs you can choose from for the perfect statement footwear, whether you are looking for flats, wedges, heels, or boots.
Also you can check this video to get more ideas:
There are numerous ways to freshen or to make the most of your little black dress. What is most important is that you feel comfortable and confident when wearing it. The next time you think about styling your little black dress, you know what to do.